Come one, come all! Don’t miss your chance to attend one of the biggest Oz-themed festivals in the country! Over 15,000 people attend annually! For those of you in the New York/east coast area, I will be a guest author, meeting and greeting Oz fans, discussing my book, and selling and signing copies of Silver Shoes, this weekend (June 3-5, 2011) in Chittenango, NY—the birthplace of Oz author L. Frank Baum. The full weekend schedule, plus all necessary information about the celebration, can be found on their website by CLICKING HERE.
Below is a quick rundown of the various events I will be attending:
Friday, June 3, 2011:
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. — Sullivan Free Library (Chittenango) — Book-signing.
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. — Chittenango High School — Spaghetti Dinner with the MGM Munchkins and other special guests of Oz, hosted by the American Legion — Book-signing.
- 6:30 p.m. — Chittenango High Shcool — Opening ceremony.
Saturday, June 4, 2011:
- 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. — First Presbyterian Church — Pancake breakfast & book-signing.
- 10:00 a.m. to noon* — Authors Alley — Book-signing in “Glinda’s Royal Tent.” *This event will overlap with the pancake breakfast, which extends until noon. I may be in either of these two locations at any given time. But I understand they are in extremely close proximity.
- 2:00 p.m. — the Oz-Stravaganza! 2011 Parade.
- 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. — Authors Alley — Book-signing in “Glinda’s Royal Tent.”
Sunday, June 5, 2011:
- 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Authors Alley — Book-signing in “Glinda’s Royal Tent.”
- 4:00 p.m. — Grand finale and closing ceremony.
Please don’t hesitate to come up and say hi, if you attend! I will also likely hang out at the Emerald City Idol and enjoy the various live local bands on the main stage, on Saturday evening, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
I look forward to seeing you there!